I finally got some of those projects finished up and a few pictures taken.
Why is it that some things photograph great and others not so great. I know it has to do with my camera and my photography skills or lack thereof, but hey, sometimes the photos look darn good! This was not one of those times.
A great looking cabinet, don’t you think?
I spied this sad thing at the Nashville Flea Market and it was cheap. I could see potential so I brought it home. It was obviously homemade but it was real wood. It’s getting harder and harder for me to find wood furniture to paint. Is any one else having the same problem?
painting in progress
My Technical Specialist (aka hubby) adding wheels. An addition that really made this piece. I know that sounds weird but it did. It set flat on the floor before with no legs or skirting and just didn’t look right. I picked up some nice little wheels at Home Depot (not the cheap plastic ones) and it moves like a dream. No kidding, I roll it around the workshop just for the heck of it. I wanted to lay on top of it and have my hubby wheel me around but I didn’t want to break it!
I used Reclaim in Licorice; no priming, no sanding, no sealing. Woohoo.
Because of the roughness of the piece I wanted to really distress it and play up the details.
Some people I’ve worked with prefer not to have wheels on their furniture. What about ya’ll.
I have more projects to share this week so stop back in.
Kathy distressed, diy, flea market finds, home decor, painted furniture, thrift