disclosure: affiliate links may be used in this post.
Fleur De Lis Angel
Hey guys! How is your week going? Mine’s been pretty good. I’m loving the weather. I went to the pumpkin patch on Tuesday afternoon and loaded up on gourds and pumpkins. We’ll take the granddaughters to the patch tomorrow so they can go through the maze and pick out a couple of pumpkins to bring home.
I also went to My Favorite Junk shop yesterday. I haven’t posted photos from the last two trips so I have to get on that.
Today I wanted to share two more of my hardware/reclaim RosaAnne Angels (see fancy angel here). The first two Angels sold to a sweet reader in Arkansas and….
…this third RosaAnne Angel I’m giving away. You can enter to win the Angel on the Rafflecopter below.
There’s a story behind this Angel. The JTS and I spent hours….and days on it. As I mentioned before I’m trying to adhere all the items to the wood with screws or nails. I used a lot of hot glue and E6000 on the Angels I put together a few years ago.
I had this Angel all together then did one turn of the screwdriver too much. The wood of the reclaimed fence board split. It didn’t split into but it cracked. We tried gluing it, but the crack was still there. I’m a perfectionist about some things and didn’t like the look of the split wood coming out of the Angel’s head.
This is the piece of wood that split. I removed everything from this board and asked the JTS cut another piece of wood for me. We went to work on the Angel for the second time. I was able to screw the faucett/Angel head on without any damage…yea! The JTS was using the nail gun attached to the air compressor to adhere the wood fleur de lis angel body to the wood. He couldn’t get the nail gun to work. He played with it for hours. Finally giving up we headed to Home Depot to get another nail gun.
Once back in the workshop the JTS read the instructions for the new nail gun ( yes, really, I’m surprised too). He put the nail gun together and started shooting nails into the wood. On the last nail…..
….this happened. The wood on the top left wing split off. At this point I’m thinking this particular Angel was not meant to be. We searched for the missing piece and never found it. I put the Angel away. The JTS kept trying to find ways to fix it. He felt bad. No reason too I told him. The next day I started going through my junk jewelry stash and came up with a fix.
I love it. I did have to use hot glue to add the jewel detail. Enough already with the nail gun and screwdriver. I added some Elmer’s glue around the jewel after the hot glue dried. Hopefully it will stay on When I started making the Angel my goal was to give it away to a reader. That is still my goal. I hope you guys don’t think I’m trying to give it away because it’s “damaged”.
This is the back side with wall protectors. All of the Angels are perfectly imperfect. That means they are made of reclaimed/worn wood and reclaimed/rusty metal. They will not be perfect.
I’m giving away RosaAnne Angel no. 3 so click that Rafflecopter below to enter. No special requirements just enter your email address so we know how to contact you! . You can enter once a day until the giveaway ends! I’m sorry but I have to limit the giveaway to residents of the continental U.S. Shipping outside of the U. S. is pricy.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you missed the Christmas Tree Ornaments I made from Vintage Christmas Cards you can see them by clicking here.
Have a great weekend! Kathy
Find my favorite DIY Products here.