I like to add patriotic décor to my home during the Summer and the front door is a prime decorating spot! But I don’t have any red, white, and blue for the door, no wreaths, no signs, no nothing that would work. I made this hat wreath last year from inexpensive items I bought at the Dollar Tree but it’s really light weight and I’m not sure how it would do on the door.
It hangs on the footboard of the navy blue guest bedroom during the Summer months and that’s the perfect spot for it. I really like the hat wreath and was recently contacted by a writer for The Pioneer Woman website asking if she could feature the project in an article about Fourth of July Wreaths. Why sure! They also asked to feature my rustic wood flag with the iron star in a roundup of Fourth of July Decorations.
And that was a yes from me too. The wood flag is not the conventional colorful flag and I like the rustic look. You can see how I made the neutral color flag here.
My DIY flag above is still my favorite. I made it back in 2014. You can see that project here.
I’ve gone way off course in this post, sorry. I was searching Pinterest and Google for Fourth of July wreath ideas or simple door hangings and I found a bunch of inspiration. Twenty patriotic theme door decor projects to be exact. I thought I would share these with you and maybe you can help me pick out a project for the front door. The photos for the projects are curtesy of the blogs where the original tutorials can be found. Click through to the websites to see the complete tutorials and project photos using the orange text links.
1. Land That I Love Patriotic Door Hanging from gingersnapcrafts.com
This patriotic door hanging with an elegant and rustic vibe is a Cricut project. Now, I have a Cricut but don’t know how to use it. I could use a stencil for the text! Maybe use a embroidery hoop and back it with drop cloth? The drop cloth is heavy enough and I think I could stencil it just fine.
2. Patriotic Vintage Garden Flag from tidbits-cami.com An image transfer method to create a vintage garden flag for the 4th of July. I have never ever tried the image transfer thing. Maybe time to learn a new technique.
3. Patriotic Door Hanger from agirlandagluegun.com I think this cute patriotic door hanger with ribbons is a winner and I could make this with no problem. Maybe Miss Sofi could help me.
4. DIY 4th Of July Fireworks Wreath from designimprovised.com Grab your handy hot glue gun and make a vibrant 4th of July wreath using pretty paper pinwheels. I have to say that this “wreath” is over the top…..in a good way. I can see maybe using 4 or 5 of the smaller pinwheels for my door.
5. Painted Burlap Star from maisondepax.com This rustic decoration for Independence Day has a lot of texture and I like that. Use painter's tape to mask off the necessary areas and have fun painting your star. I’ve found with projects like these that perfectly imperfect is best. Don’t overthink the details. Just start painting.
6. America Patriotic Wooden Sign from domesticallycreative.com Your Silhouette machine will be put to good use if you decide to make this amazing wooden sign. It looks gorgeous and can be used for any patriotic holiday or event!
7. Patriotic Summer Front Door Basket from thefrugalhomemaker.com A basket decoration for your door is such an easy idea to implement and all your guests will admire it! This is a super quick craft that uses only inexpensive supplies which is perfect if you are a frugal decorator like myself.
8. Fourth Of July Galvanized Farmhouse Flag Wreath from tatertotsandjello.com If you're looking to add some serious curb appeal to your home for Independence Day, this wreath is everything you will need. I really like this wreath a lot. It hits all the points for me. Old rustic wreath form, red, white, and blue flag, flowers, everything!
9. Fourth Of July Front Door Decoration from diyinspired.com There's no better way to show off your love of America than by making this large wood sign to display next to your front door. The painting part is very easy and just as satisfying.
10. Make A Red White And Blue Wreath With Dollar Store Supplies from anikasdiylife.com Your red, white, and blue decorating doesn't need to break the bank. You guys know how I love the Dollar Tree and Dollar Store. Make this gorgeous wreath for the 4th of July using inexpensive Dollar Store supplies.
11. Patriotic Wreath With Campaign Buttons And Ribbons from sadieseasongoods.com It's lovely when you give your décor a bit of historical character using vintage items. This patriotic wreath made with old campaign buttons and ribbons is a simple project with a unique look that will make everyone envy you.
12. 4th Of July Door Décor With Free Printable from todayscreativelife.com No need to be a crafty person to make 4th of July décor for your front door. Simply print this free patriotic subway art, frame it, hang it and you're done!
13. Stars And Stripes Door Hanger from domesticallycreative.com A cute stars and stripes door hanger with a slightly aged look? Yes please! Painting with acrylic is very easy so you can make this with no special skills required.
14. Sparkle Hat Explosion Patriotic Door Hanger from madeinaday.com This sparkle hat door hanger will set your guests into a party mood before they even enter your home! Pull out your trusty glue gun and craft this cute 4th of July party decoration you can use for years to come.
15. Americana Door Art from hertoolbelt.com Painting wood to give it an aged look is so fun especially if you get to make such a gorgeous patriotic door art with a lovely vintage style.
16. DIY Patriotic Door Hanger For Silhouette & Cricut from burtonavenue.com Do you have a Silhouette or Cricut machine? If yes, make a colorful patriotic door hanger the entire family will love!
17. DIY Patriotic Door Décor from todayscreativelife.com This star-shaped succulent display is a subtle way to add some patriotic décor to your door so it can be used throughout the entire year.
18. DIY Patriotic Door Hanger Craft from thedomesticdiva.org Your door will be the star of the neighborhood this 4th of July if you decide to craft this fun U.S.A. door hanger.
19. DIY Patriotic Wreath from bloominghomestead.com Learn how to make an eye-catching patriotic wreath using colored cardstock and you will absolutely love how this easy treatment looks on your door. Once you learn the technique, you can use other colors and make wreaths for any occasion!
2 0. Patriotic Door Décor Anyone Can Make from thecountrychiccottage.net Here is a really quick idea for a vibrant patriotic door decoration you can make from pallet stars. You just need to paint and glue them together or let the kids do it.
What idea or ideas did you like the best? Which one would you like to see me make or recreate in my own style?
As always, thanks for being here, Kathy