I have a junk creation today.
That’s what I call it but it’s a little classier for a post title if I call it “Architectural Wall Décor”.
I created this piece of wall art by…..
putting the reclaimed wood piece onto the not so pretty thrift store picture, and prettying them up.
steps for project beginning with pictures left to right thensecond row and last row
1. base coat of paint with CeCe Caldwell’s in Destin Gulf Green
2. let dry and put on a coat of Reclaim off-white
3. distress with a wet shop rag out of a pop-up can so areas of the Destin Gulf Green show through
4. after the distressing
5. Caromal Colours Toner to give the board an antique look
6. brushing on the toner
7. wiping the toner off with a damp rag leaving toner in the edges and lightly on the surface
8. wood glue to hold the architectural piece to the board
9. used a nail gun too just to be sure it doesn’t fall off!
close-up of the antiqued finish
Ta-dah, do you like it?
You can leave a comment below.
If you don’t have a blog….that’s ok…you only have to leave your name (first name is ok) and your email address, then your comment. Your email address will not be shown on my blog. It is to prevent spammers from leaving comments.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week,
On Facebook Petticoat Junktion
On Twitter Petticoat Junktion
linking to these parties….